Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sew Nifty Card

Hi all, so who's ready for another card??? We got the cutest stamp and die set in from My Favorite Things and I just fell in love with the little scissors!!! So I decided to use it for this post.....and I even used my favourite colour.........Purple!!! So onto today's post..........


Products Used:
Cardstock:Black, Dark Purple, Light Purple, Green and Ranger Metal Foil Sheets
Inks: Ranger Archival Ink Black, Black StazOn, Tim Holtz Distess Inks- Dusty Concord and Milled Lavendar, Tsukineko GlazOn and Ranger Alcohol Ink Nature Walk
Misc.: Tim Holtz Hangers, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder- Measure by Measure, Seam Binding, Black Floss, Needle, Tim Holtz Ruler and misc. brad


So first I stamped the dress form, then I cut the foil with the dies and then I applied the Glaz On, (this way when I apply the alcohol ink it won't react with the StazOn) now I applied the alcohol ink to the dress form. I just love these dies, they are just soo cute!!! For my tutorial on how to line up your dies and stamps click here. I stamped the lt. purple cst with the stamps and both distress inks. I embossed the green cst with the measuring tape folder and inked it with the dusty concord. I dyed the seam binding with the distress ink pads and crumpled it up, then I dried it with my heat tool and adhered it to the top above the embossing. I stamped the saying on the punched shape and sewed around it adding a tiny bow at the corner. I hung the 3 little die cuts from the hanger with jump rings and added a small piece of the dyed seam binding. Then I used a brad to attach it. Well that's pretty much it for this card..........so until next time......................Have a great week!!!

Sew head on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise Store and check out the products............don't forget that there's .................Free Shipping on Canadian orders over $50.00!
Shipping Order total calculated before GST. Offer valid only within the ten Canadian provinces. Orders destined for Labrador, Nunavut, Yukon, NWT, United States and abroad will be charged the actual shipping amount

1 comment:

Shirley Fread said...

Great card, Kim! Love the scissors and other embellishments and of course, the colour purple.
The background was great, too!!!