Monday, August 8, 2011



Hi all....well it's time for another Showcase Monday on the Scrapbooker's Paradise Blog and this time we are doing Wonderful Whimsical Kids........so I decided to do a girl's birthday card and I wanted to do something kinda fun.......so here's my take on it.........

Here's the front of the card....................


and I actually even did the inside for this one.....................



Products Used:
Cardstock: Dark Purple, Light Purple and Kaiser Craft Magic Happens 6"x6" Paper Pad
Stamps: Flourishes- Kids at Play and Gina K Designs - Wishes and Dreams by Alicia K


So I picked up some of the new Fran-tage embossing powders from Stampendous and they are amazing......I have used quite a few of the colours now and you can get actually two different looks from them.....how you ask??? If you heat it from the top it gives you one look and if you heat it from the bottom it gives you another!!! You really have to try this stuff it's amazing!!! It actually tells you on the jar to heat it from the bottom and if it wasn't for one of our awesome customers....thanks Arlene!!!......I would never have known. Who reads instructions anyways.....lol.......it's just embossing powder!!! :)

When I found out we had to do a Kids Theme......I was seriously wondering what I was going to do.....then I remember that I had the Kaisercraft Magic Happens 6"x6" Paper Pad and it has such cute fairies and then I remembered I also had the Flourishes- Kids at Play stamp set, so I thought that this would be a good combination to make a great birthday card for a little girl!

So, here's how I made it.........I used my spellbinders dies to cut out 4 of the diecuts then I used my embossing folder on one of them and with my blending tool and the dusty concord ink I highlighted the raised image and around the outside. Then on the dark purple cst diecut I used the stamp with the versamark and then embossed it using my new shabby blue embossing powder, hey, did I mention that I love this stuff yet :)......then I thought that it just needed a little something, so I used my scor-tape and the mixed berries glitter around the die cuts..........and what little girl doesn't like glitter!!! Now I adhered my embossed image over the embossed diecut, Then I used the corner chompers on the patterned paper and all 4 corners of the card, then I added the ric rac and pop dotted the diecuts to the front of the card. I added a sentiment and little more glitter and of course some bling!!! The sentiments are from Gina K set.....I thought they matched perfectly with the card!!! Well that's pretty much it for this card..........I hope you all have a great week!!! Until next time............

Go and check out the embossing powder at Scrapbooker's Paradise Online Store you just never know what else you might find while you're there!!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Kim! What an adorable card! Love all the glitter and your choice of colors! Sounds like a really fun embossing powder! Thanks so much for popping in at my blog! I appreciate your sweet comments!...Nancy :o)

Shirley Fread said...

Fantastic card, Kim. Love the glitter and the way you used the embossing powders.:)