Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Faux Mosaics Card

Hi all, so it's time for another tutorial over on the Scrapbooker's Paradise Blog and I decided to do Faux Mosaic Tiles. So make sure that you check out my tutorial here. This is a really easy way to create a tiled look without using tiles!!! So here's how I used my piece from the tutorial................


Products Used:

Cardstock: White, Black, Pink, Basic Grey Out of Print 12"x12" Papers- Etchings and Headlines

So for this card I actually sprayed the tiles with the Perfect Pearls Mist- Perfect Pearl (of course this doesn't show up on the pic) and then added the seam binding ribbon and bow, which I coloured with the Tim Holtz Distress Stain- Spun Sugar. I stamped the saying with the Lipstick Pink and embossed it with the Black Soot EP. Then just did some, well a lot of layering with the Out of Print and cardstock. I also used the Cherish Punch on the pink cardstock and patterned paper and then layered them and of course it needed some bling! :-) That's pretty much it for this card...........I hope you check out my tutorial and enjoyed my card...........till next time....... 

4 comments:

Dawn said...

LOVE this effect - I am filing it away and will definitely give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

So beautiful Kim! Thanks very much!...Nancy :o)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love it Kim! Turned out awesome...great technique!

Shirley Fread said...

Great job, Kim. I'll have to try this technique!